Cyber-attacks pose an ever-present security threat. As security professionals, we see the cyber landscape changing constantly. Countries and nations are taking necessary measures to protect their cyber space against these threats. One of these measures is the development of cybersecurity policy and strategy.
This 3 days training course examines the key elements required to devise cybersecurity policy and strategy. It will enable participants to build and execute strategic plans, create effective information security policy, and action plans as well as how to review the plans whenever required. This course is organised under the ITU Centre of Excellence Mauritius.
2. Course Objectives
The main objective of the course is to enable participants to build and execute strategic plans, create effective information security policy, and action plans as well as how to review the plans whenever required. Other objectives include:
- Designing a national cybersecurity policy or strategy
- Implementing the action plan
- Evaluating the strategy at the end of the timeframe
- Facilitating decision making during a cyber crisis
- Implementing strategy best practices
- Offering advice to the public bodies that need to take over the initiative
3. Dates, Duration, Mode of Training
The course was taught by CERT-MU staffs and Mr Justin Novak from 25 – 27 November 2020. It was conducted through online lectures, presentations and case studies on the ITU Academy Platform.
4. Target Audience
The target audience for this course were:
- Policy Makers
- Chief Information Security Officers
- Information Security Officers
- Security Directors
- Security Managers
- Aspiring Security Leaders
- Other Security Personnel who have Team Lead or Management Responsibilities